Sunday, September 11, 2016

Obligatory Anniversary Post: The Triple Threat




{Sorry for that horrendous title. I really couldn't think of anything more clever.}

OMGoodness 3 years ago at this exact moment we were on a cruise in Alaska, frozen and so in love. Honestly, where did the time go?? LOOK AT US LITTLE BABES.




It's hard to believe a whole 3 years have come and gone! When we went out to dinner this weekend to celebrate Ian said that it feels like we've just always been married and it's so normal now. It's so true! I hardly remember what it was like to be single. Well obviously I do, but let's be honest that was just high school for me and that doesn't count. haha it's clear that we are NOT newlyweds anymore and just kind of living life. Anywho, let's get on to the celebration!

We had a Cheesecake Factory gift card that we've been holding onto and this was the perfect occasion to use it! After I got home from school on Friday, I changed into nicer clothes and we went straight to the restaurant. Fortunately the wait was only 10 minutes because I was starving!


{he insists on making this wide-eyed face anytime I take a picture pfft}

 Ian got a gargantuan Caesar salad--I'm talking a 10 inch plate and it was full. I got this lemon-garlic shrimp and pasta and it was amazing. The shrimp were these huge ocean shrimp and it was the perfect portion size. It was off the "skinnylicious" menu, so it was a more moderate serving than a normal entree. I will definitely have to remember that for the future because I hate getting overstuffed. We finished dinner just in time to walk over to the dollar theatre next to the restaurant and we saw Now You See Me 2. Which was amazing because magic. But really the plot and how it was executed was truly fantastic. It was also hilarious which is an added bonus. After the movie we went back to the Cheesecake Factory to get some cheesecake. You can't NOT get cheesecake when you go. It's un-American. Overall it was a super fun night. I love spending time with my designated human. 

This year I got him a gift that would make a great addition to his office space downstairs. He's been slowly but surely transferring things down there from the upstairs guest bedroom next to ours and I thought he needed something fun to hang up in there. I found this Etsy shop that does fancy blueprints of all sorts of things, INCLUDING different Star Trek ships!


The ones circled are the ones I ordered! (not in that size though, but 8x11 versions) They haven't come in the mail yet, but I showed Ian and he's pretty excited about it. My gift on the other hand, I may or may not have been purchased 3 months ago because I really wanted and I told him I wouldn't use it till after our anniversary. I have been wanting a pearl ring since I was like 16. My mom has always had one and I just love how they look. They are so elegant and go with everything. I went into  Kay's with my friend Kelly and I found this ring and I fell in love. The salesman was giving me a deal, so it was way less expensive than what you're probably thinking. {it's also the first anniversary gift from Ian so it makes up for that}. Anyway, Ian gave me the OK to get it since I reaaallllyy wanted it and I said it would count for my anniversary gift. Here's the beauty that I am finally going to wear today!




I love love love it. So pretteh. 


In other news, the semester is going swimmingly. I have more homework than I'm used to because you know, 17 credits will do that. BUT I have friends that have finally transferred there too so I'm not totally alone. I have gotten to know some more people better which is nice, but it's also really nice to have people I'm closer to as well (SHOUT OUT TO TARYN AND TAYLOR). I'm not nearly as stressed out about my recital, now that I have almost all of my music picked out and it's getting learned. I think I need another song or two and I will be golden. {Mark your calendars for November 23, at 7:30 pm in the 5th floor recital hall! There will be cupcakes}. I must say that not working and just focusing on school has made me stress level go waayyyy down. I have so much more time and I don't feel like I'm drowning, even though I have a lot to do for school. I sleep in till 6:30 every day, I have time to prepare a healthy lunch and I still manage to cook dinner maybe twice a week (which is huge for me). AND I have time to binge watch America's Next Top Model without sacrificing practice time or homework time. ;) Overall I think I will enjoy school a lot more now without feeling like I don't have enough hours in the day. 

Major shout out to Ian who is still working full time and now doing online school full time at ASU too. He's a stud who works so dang hard and I am so proud of that nugget. He is such a blessing, and he is mine forever. I love how he loves me without hesitation and is my rock and my biggest fan. Happy anniversary lover boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment