Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Autumn-Nom-Nom-Nom

Hey lovelies. I am currently at home, delaying cleaning the guest bathrooms so like any responsible adult I will continue to postpone chores to write a blog post.

Summer has come and gone (kind of) and I am more than ready for fall to be here. It's my favorite season, even though here in AZ, it's rather warm for it to really feel like autumn but it's all that comes with the season I love. I love the start of a new semester, the slowly but surely cooling off of this desert heat, and all the holidays. ALL THE HOLIDAYS. Really though I need Halloween like right now. That being said, any fun couples costume suggestions are appreciated. We are not afraid to be silly and I'm still trying to muster up something because I like to go all out so I need to start preparing now! Anywho.

To help pass the time, let's fill the group in what my summer has been like.

VIK Summer Camp

Can't tell if this year was better or worse. haha I definitely liked my position as the music teacher better than assistant counselor. There were some organizational things that could have gone better but at least I wasn't chewed out for things out of my control this time. Overall, it was a fast summer and I am very grateful for that. I am very glad it's over. If anything, I'll miss my coworkers! We had some pretty awesome staff this year, including my parent table sister Maddie, the wonderful Misty, and my newest married-with-no-kids girlfriend Dani (PS we still need to go shopping!) and last but not least the amazing directors Jessi and Krystalyn who worked so dang hard to make it a good summer. Hats off to you for having the hardest jobs. To the rest of you, I enjoyed working with every single one of you. Thanks for making the job bearable. :)

TRIPS!

I was actually able to do a few trips this summer! The first time in a long time, really. For July 4th I drove with my family up to Boise, ID for my maternal grandparents' 70th wedding anniversary. Yup. You read correctly! SEVENTY! My Grandpa is 92 and my Grandma is 87. And they are simply one of the cutest couples I've ever seen.


I just love them so much. What was really cool, was that my sister and mother and I were able to sing some fun Andrews Sisters stuff at their party! Got to show off a little as well as give them a treat. We practiced our booties off and it was so much fun!

Then later that month I was able to drive to St George for my oldest nephew's mission farewell! Talk about feeling old! Granted, he's only 6 years younger than me, but that's just a technicality. haha He did great and he's going to love his time in Rancho Cucamungo, CA! It was also really nice to see my dad and my sister and the rest of her family. I want to visit more often, since it's relatively close! Also, big shout out to my homegirl Kelly for driving with me! Without her, I wouldn't have been able to go! You're the best, even if your dumb phone got us lost about 3 times. ;)


Now that the summer time activities are through, I am working at my old site Meridian for the next week and a half before classes start. I have decided not to work during the school year until I graduate. Straight up, my major is freaking hard without having to be at work every day and my classes are literally all day; so even if I wanted to, I am no longer available to work with my kiddos. Summer camp is so difficult but the school year is pretty easy sailing for the most part, and I'm going to miss my littles. They really are so much fun and I just love them.

Speaking of the upcoming semester, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I have some kind of difficult rep that needs some real nitty gritty work and I feel anxious for my junior recital within the next few months. But I just keep telling myself it will work out, because it will, right? Now that I mention it, I better hook up my keyboard and get crackin.

Live long and prosper, friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment