Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Here Goes Nothin...First Post EVER!

OKAY. So. I am joining the blog band wagon here, and I have NO idea what I am doing, so bear with me.

Disclaimers:
1) I am fully aware that for the first part of my blogging career, I will most likely be talking to myself. And I am okay with that. I do that in the car anyway, so it's already kind of a thing.
2) If I am fortunate enough to start having readers, please start following so I can follow you back. Yay networking!
3) I think I am absolutely hilarious. If you don't think so, then I apologize in advance for the puns, stupid jokes, and more than occasional innuendos (I'm a theatre kid, it's in my blood).
4) If I do post something with a strong opinion (which I don't think will happen often) and you happen to disagree, either be tactful or don't comment at all, otherwise I will delete it. I am extremely non-confrontational, and I'd like to keep everything cordial at all times.

ALL RIGHT. I think that is it. So here we go. I'll start with a mini-bio on myself to get the ball rolling.

My name is Haley Jane Taylor McHardy. Jane isn't my middle name legally, I have just been called that all my life, but Haley McHardy is my name. I graduated from Desert Ridge High School in 2012. I was a hardcore theatre kid and also band kid as well. I used to be 1st chair French Horn in the top band through HS, but I quit senior year. I miss it now. The horn, not high school. UGH you could not pay me enough to go back to that hellish place. I did a semester at ASU for theatre but after auditioning into the Acting BA program, I realized how much I did not want to continue in that field, so I withdrew from the Spring semester and have been trying to figure what the heck I am going to go to school for since. I am determined to go back in January though, gosh dang it! Any whom, I turn 20 in 2 days. HOLLERRR. I am young LDS woman who is married to the most considerate, handsome, hard-working, quirky, lovable, patient, and strong man you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. His name is Ian Joseph McHardy and I am pretty sure I fall more in love with him every day. We were married 11 days ago on 9/7/13 in the Mesa Arizona Temple and we just got home from our Alaskan Cruise that my parents set us on. We live in a wee apartment out in East Mesa and are loving the area. I work at State Farm Insurance as a Customer Care Center Sales Representative. Meaning, I can complete a variety of policy transactions and give you quotes on most private passenger vehicles, motorcycles, and renters insurance. Hit me up. ;) It's a fabulous job that pays very well and I am very fortunate to have, especially being half of a newlywed couple. I work early mornings during the week and a full day Saturdays. Saturdays aren't my favorite, but hey, it's money. Haha I sing in a fabulous group called Resonance Vocal Ensemble, coming up on 3 years now. That's actually where I met my husband; his mother directs the choir and he joined when he came home from his mission in Dallas Texas last August. Ian was actually my dear friend Hope Douglass' missionary before she got married to Mark Douglass, who is best friends with my brother in law Alex McHardy, who is married to Hope's best friend Allora McHardy. SMALL WORLD. The whole circle-situation-everyone-tied-together thing cracks me up. I love it really, Hope and Allie have been so nice to me and I love them to death. In fact, I love my friends and family SO much and I am very blessed to have wonderful in-laws as well. They have also been so very good to me, and I couldn't ask for anything better. Other than that, I am sure I'll be documenting more of my soul in the posts to come.
But hey. That wasn't so bad! First blog post? Check. :)

Here! Enjoy this picture of a cat stuck in a jar.

5 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! I love this hahaha welcome to the blogging world m'dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice first! i used to be a blog stalker (when i worked haha) but kinda lost track of them. need to resurrect the cousin blog!!
    happy married life - never stop holding hands!
    hugs - auntie cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice first! i used to be a blog stalker (when i worked haha) but kinda lost track of them. need to resurrect the cousin blog!!
    happy married life - never stop holding hands!
    hugs - auntie cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, random pictures of cats. Excellent closer. A++.

    I'm so excited you're blogging! I SOL'd multiple times. ("smiled out loud" cuz lezbehonest, LOL is so last season)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't be prouder to have such a lovely woman to join in our family. I sincerely hope that you find your way back to a rewarding field of study in college, whatever it may be. You've already got smart, cute, and lucky going for you, so you might as well finish up the package and get sum edukashun too.

    ReplyDelete