Monday, May 20, 2019

Spring Time Updates

Greetings earthlings ✌

Since we last chatted I mentioned we were getting ready to move, so let's just pick up right where we left off!

FEBRUARY

The last two weeks of January going into the beginning of February was a little crazy. Marie Kondo has nothing on me because I'm pretty sure I got rid of just about anything that wasn't a necessity. Downsizing from 2600 sq ft to 1140 sq ft is serious business! Nonetheless, we were successful and we managed to move in with very little issues. There were some things that made us nervous at first (some repairs needed to be done and the apartment reeked of cigarette smoke, which we learned was coming from the neighbor thru the open living room window). 4 months later and we're quite cozy in this little home we've got. I enjoy only taking no more than an hour to clean the entire apartment, as opposed to the 3 hours it took by myself in the old house. I wish I had a little bit more room to spread out, but it's not uncomfortable so I can't really complain. Our ward has been super friendly, and is quite literally the opposite from what we came from! Our old ward was comprised mainly of young families with lots of kids and babies, where this ward has a trailer park and senior community in the boundary so most of the ward consists of grandma and grandpas! We've also learned that they LOVE music, and there is one musical number every single week (except fast Sunday). I usually stay under the radar for as long as possible--took the old ward nearly 3 years to find out I sing--this time it only took 2 weeks, and I've already sung a musical number and have been asked to sing in the adult session of Stake Conference. Meh. (Honestly it's fine, I just don't like to draw attention to myself at my place of worship since that's not what it's about). We also went and played in the SNOW. The weather this winter was crazy, being much colder than it usually is and we've been getting a lot of rain as well so that means snow! It even snowed in Cave Creek, which isn't that far out of the Valley! We drove up maybe an hour out of Phoenix and pulled off the road to the perfect fresh powder and had a blast! Max and Bri tagged along too!








MARCH

Work has been consistently INSANE officially since it's the middle of tax season and this season has been weird and stressful. I've been making all sorts of silly mistakes that have snowballed and honestly it's taken a toll on my confidence. I've gotten better and I'm hoping it stays that way?
Anyway, March was a bit of a blur--working long hours, going to friends' recitals, getting food poisoning from Olive Garden, and *finally* taking our anniversary photos. It was crazy but pretty good. {if you want to see my favorites (which are many), they are at the very end!!}

APRIL

The home stretch of tax season! Plus Ian's birthday. :) We went to dinner with his family and some of his friends at Texas Roadhouse! He even rode the saddle and loved every second of it. 😆
We also saw Wicked while it was at Gammage--I don't care who you are, if you don't like Wicked there is something wrong with you, and you should really get that checked out. It's incredible to watch every time. I haven't seen it since I was 18 (neither has Ian!), and it was so fun to watch it again but this time with my husband. I'm glad I married someone who will watch musicals with me, though I'm slowly starting him on operas...hehe We saw Silent Night at Arizona Opera and it is now one of my favorites, and Ian actually liked it! Soooo good. Slowly but surely he's coming to the dark side....

This year's Easter was an extra fun one--my brother Nathan and his 4 kids came to visit for a whole week! We got to roast hot dogs and marshmallows outside, watch movies, go to the zoo, and eat yummy food on Easter Sunday together. It had been a couple years since I'd seen them and it was too much fun. I wish they could move closer to AZ!

Ian left for the last two weeks of the month for job training in Austin, and that was a bummer (him leaving me alone for so long!). The only thing exciting to happen during that time was that Avengers Endgame came out--and that was life changing. UGH I love Marvel so much. 😭 I grieved Tony Stark's death for like two days hahaha {SPOILER SORRY if you haven't seen it by now then it's really your fault at this point} But seriously, what an incredible film!

MAY---today!

At last it was finally May, and as of May 1st, that means it's officially part 1 of slow season. There's quite literally nothing to do at work! Which is fine, considering how stressful and long tax season was/is. I've read two books in the last two weeks and I'm going to start another one today. The weather has also been surprisingly heavenly. It's gotten into the triple digits only a couple time so far this month and May is practically over. I don't mind the uncharacteristically good temperatures, and I will soak them up until the oven inevitably preheats come June for sure. In other news, I leave for Chicago in roughly 48 hours for 5 whole days! This will be my first solo trip to a destination where I will not be staying with family or be near family at all. I've traveled by myself lots of times, but I've always stayed with family so this will be a new and exhilarating experience! I'm going mainly for a vocal competition in which I advanced to the second round in my division in, but it's also going to be so fun! I've got a whole itinerary planned out (surprise surprise) and I can't believe it's finally here! I've known that I advance for nearly 3 months and waiting around for this has been driving me bonkers. I will definitely have a blog post dedicated for the trip, the details, and the pictures. 😉

Now the moment you've all been waiting for...these beautiful anniversary photos my friend Erin Watson took of us! Literally it's been like a month since I got them and I'm still swooning. I had an idea of what I was wanting and Erin majorly delivered. {Her photography page is Pretty Pixel Photography if you want to see more of her work} Here are my favs, which are basically all of them. Enjoy. 💕

































Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment